Kenya: Management Information System Advisor
April 21, 2014
Country: Kenya, Somalia
Closing date: 15 May 2014
TERMS OF REFERENCE
PositionManagement Information Systems (AMIS) AdvisorPlace of Performance Nairobi based with travel to SomaliaContract Duration 01 YearOVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, and Human Resources in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflict, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crisis worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients currently comprise UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different corporate organisations such as security companies.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Nairobi-based, AMIS Advisor to manage the CH and the assessment of its utility to our client and IPs; S/he will perform an analysis of our client's Somalia's programs and performance management needs-including external reporting requirements-and make recommendations on how the system might be improved.
· Ensure that servers administrative duties are performed, including installing and updating server patches/updates, monitoring server performance and usage, creating and deleting users, maintaining distribution lists and shared drives resources.
· Ensure that Email systems are operational and accessible remotely and that global and local addresses and other parameters are updated and set up for optimum use; provide technical assistance to users on wireless communication devices and ensure that daily and weekly backup are performed and policies about backup and data are applied.
· Provide guidance to offsite staff to efficiently manage their data on computer.
· Troubleshoot problems and communicate with regional office in Nairobi, Kenya and ITSO/the organization.
· Monitors system operations to ensure compliance with security requirements.
· Plans, develops and conducts IT training programs on a wide range of advanced applications.
· Provides on the job training tailored to the needs of computer users with varying experience.
· Conducts analysis of hardware and software capabilities and makes recommendations as well as provide technical support in acquiring and applying the latest technology to program activities.
· Actively participates in program planning and budgeting for all IT related activities and project equipment needs.
· Provides technical expertise and on the job training to LES IT manager on site to build his technical expertise.
· Provides technical support to implementing partners and the Ministry of Health for sponsored program activities.
· At least 10 years' of professional experience in designing and maintaining management information and reporting systems, with at least three years' of international experience.
· A Master's degree in information management or a related technical field.
· Demonstrated experience successfully communicating with users to create systems that meet individual and organizational needs, and to gain adoption of those systems.
· Fluent and excellent writing skills in English
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail email@example.com with reference to "BHJOB2678_476" in the subject line. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.