- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age traveling to the following areas <2,300 m (7,546 ft) in elevation and east of the Andes Mountains: the entire departments of Beni, Pando, Santa Cruz, and designated areas (Map 2-2) of Chuquisaca, Cochabamba, La Paz, and Tarija departments.
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas >2,300 m (7,546 ft) in elevation and all areas not listed above, including the cities of La Paz and Sucre.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <2,500 m (8,202 ft). None in the city of La Paz (Map 2-3).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 93%, P. falciparum 7%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, primaquine 4, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-2. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Bolivia 1 Map 2-3. Malaria in Bolivia
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved