- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: High.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >80%, P. ovale 5%–10%, P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.