- Requirements: Required if arriving from Angola, Brazil, Democratic Republic of the Congo, or Uganda and ≥1 year of age and for travelers who have transited >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers to the cities of Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena, and Medellín (Map 2-9).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to all areas >2,300 m (7,546 ft) in elevation, the department of San Andrès y Providencia, and the capital city of Bogotá.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <1,700 m (5,577 ft). None in Bogotá, Cartagena, and Medellín. (Map 2-10).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 50%, P. vivax 50%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-9. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Colombia 1 Map 2-10. Malaria in Colombia
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved