- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria Species: P. falciparum 50%, P. vivax 50%, P. ovale <1%, P. malariae <1%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.