- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Generally not recommended for travelers going to the following states: Anseba, Debub, Gash Barka, Mae Kel, and Semenawi Keih Bahri.
- Not recommended for all areas not listed above, including the Dahlak Archipelago (Map 4-13).
- Areas with malaria: All areas <2,200 m (7,218 ft). None in Asmara.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 85%, P. vivax 10%–15%, P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4