- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to the Afar and Somali Provinces (Map 2-13).
- Areas with malaria: All areas below 2,500 m (8,202 ft), except none in the city of Addis Ababa (Map 2-14).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 60%–70%, P. vivax 30%–40%, P. malariae and P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-13. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Ethiopia 1 Map 2-14. Malaria in Ethiopia
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved