- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries if traveler is ≥1 year of age.
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All areas, including Matoury, Macouria, and Kourou, except none in coastal areas west of Kourou and Cayenne City.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax >70%, P. falciparum 20%–30%, P. malariae rare
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.