- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <900 m (2,953 ft). Rare cases in the cities of Amsterdam and Georgetown.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: High.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 50%, P. vivax 50%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- Areas with malaria except cities of Amsterdam and Georgetown: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
- Cities of Georgetown and Amsterdam: Mosquito avoidance only.