- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries if traveler is ≥1 year of age. The government of Niger recommends vaccine for travelers departing Niger.
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age traveling to areas south of the Sahara Desert (Map 4-13).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas in the Sahara Desert (Map 4-13).
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 85%, P. ovale 5%–10%, P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4