- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: All areas (including all cities) <2,500 m (8,202 ft).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 70%, P. falciparum 30%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.