- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age. Also required if traveling from a country with an active yellow fever outbreak. Further details available at http://moh.gov.rw/index.php....
- Recommendations: Generally not recommended for travelers to Rwanda.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 90%, P. vivax 5%, P. ovale 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.