- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1 A certificate may be required for travelers departing Sudan.
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age traveling to areas south of the Sahara Desert (Map 4-13).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas in the Sahara Desert and the city of Khartoum (Map 4-13).
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 90%, P. vivax 5%–10%, P. malariae and P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4