- Requirements: Required if traveling from Brazil and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in Brazil.
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to the following areas: the states of Aragua, Carabobo, Miranda, Vargas, and Yaracuy, and the Distrito Capital (Map 2-27).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to the following areas: all areas >2,300m (7,546 ft) in elevation in the states of Merida, Tachira, and Trujillo; the states of Falcón and Lara; Margarita Island; the capital city of Caracas; and the city of Valencia (Map 2-27).
- Areas with malaria: All areas <1,700m (5.577 ft). Present in Angel Falls (Map 2-28).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 83%, P. falciparum 17%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-27. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Venezuela 1 Map 2-28. Malaria in Venezuela
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved