- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Generally not recommended for travelers going to the North West and Western Provinces (Map 2-29).
- Not recommended in all other areas not listed above.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >90%, P. vivax up to 5%, P. ovale up to 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-29. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Zambia 1
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved