- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present throughout the country, including Siem Reap city. None in the city of Phnom Penh or at the temple complex at Angkor Wat.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 86%, P. vivax 12%, P. malariae 2%, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- In the provinces of Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Kampot, Koh Kong, Odder Meanchey, Pailin, Preah Vihear, Pursat, and Siem Reap bordering Thailand: Atovaquone-proguanil or doxycycline.
- All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.