General Responsibilities and Information
B. Team Support Checklist
This checklist addresses overall team needs and complements the Individual Team Member Checklist in section A and the position checklists in Chapter IV, "Disaster Assistance Response Team." The Team Leader ensures that the following team support items are acquired before deployment.
- [ ] Contact list for U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and U.S. Embassy, private voluntary organizations (PVOs), nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), international organizations (IOs), United Nations (UN) agencies, donor and assisting countries, and appropriate affected-country officials.
- [ ] Current copy of the Mission Disaster Relief Plan (MDRP) for the affected country. The MDRP, which is part of the Embassy’s Emergency Action Plan (EAP), is available through OFDA’s Operations Division.
- [ ] USAID decals and stickers.
- [ ] Camera and film or camcorder (optional).
- [ ] Telecommunications equipment commensurate with the assignment.
- [ ] Copies of reference documents pertaining to affected country (if available):
- [ ] Country profile information.
- [ ] State Department background notes.
- [ ] Lessons learned or relevant After Action reports.
- [ ] Maps covering the affected and surrounding areas.
- [ ] OFDA’s Disaster History and Commodity Services Report.
- [ ] Travel advisory alerts.
- [ ] Public health bulletins.
- [ ] List of cultural do’s and don’ts.
- [ ] Assessment guides.
- [ ] Copy of all cable traffic pertaining to the disaster.
- [ ] Copy of all directives and team support documents:
- [ ] OFDA’s team support funding documents.
- [ ] Overseas workmen’s compensation and medical evacuation insurance for contractors.
- [ ] TAs and itineraries.
- [ ] Special authorizations and instructions from OFDA Director.
- [ ] Photocopy of passports, visa, and personal information sheet.
- [ ] OFDA Office Supply Kit.
- [ ] Remote location first aid manual, such as "Where There is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook" by David Werner et al. published May 1992.
Prev: A. Individual Team Member Checklist
Next: C. Documentation
TOC: General Responsibilities and Information