- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Rare locally transmitted cases. None in Belize City and islands frequented by tourists, such as Ambergris Caye.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Very low.
- Drug resistance 4: None.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 100%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Mosquito avoidance only.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Belize." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204222/all/Belize.
Belize. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204222/all/Belize. Accessed March 25, 2019.
Belize. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204222/all/Belize
Belize [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 March 25]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204222/all/Belize.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Belize ID - 204222 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204222/all/Belize PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -