- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Rare cases in rural areas <1,700 m (5,577 ft) in districts along the southern border shared with India. Rare seasonal cases May–September in Ha, Lhuentse, Monggar, Punakha, Trashigang, Trongsa, Tsirang, Yangtse, and Wangdue. None in districts of Bumthang, Gaza, Paro, and Thimphu.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%, P. vivax 30%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: None (practice mosquito avoidance).