- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Rare cases in rural areas <1,700 m (5,577 ft) in districts along the southern border shared with India. Rare seasonal cases May–September in Ha Lhuentse, Monggar, Punakha, Trashigang, Trongsa, Tsirang, Yangtse, and Wangdue. None in districts of Bumthang, Gaza, Paro, and Thimphu.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Very low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%, P. vivax 30%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- Mosquito avoidance only.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Bhutan ID - 204225 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204225/all/Bhutan PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -