- Requirements: Required if traveling from or having passed through a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present in the following districts: Central and North West (including Chobe National Park). None in the cities of Francistown and Gaborone (see Map 3-19).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 90%, P. vivax 5%, P. ovale 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-19. Malaria in Botswana
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Botswana." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204228/0/Botswana.
Botswana. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204228/0/Botswana. Accessed February 17, 2020.
Botswana. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204228/0/Botswana
Botswana [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 February 17]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204228/0/Botswana.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Botswana ID - 204228 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204228/0/Botswana PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -