- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1 Required also for nationals and residents of Burma (Myanmar) departing for a country with risk of YFV transmission.
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present at altitudes <1,000 m (3,281 ft), including Bagan. Rare transmission above 1,000 m.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 60%, P. vivax 35%; P. malariae, P. ovale, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- In the provinces of Bago, Kachin, Kayah, Kayin, Shan, and Tanintharyi below 1,000m (3,281 ft): Atovaquone-proguanil or doxycycline.
- All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine. Above 1,000m (3,281 ft): Mosquito avoidance only.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Burma (Myanmar)." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204235/all/Burma__Myanmar_.
Burma (Myanmar). In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204235/all/Burma__Myanmar_. Accessed January 29, 2020.
Burma (Myanmar). (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204235/all/Burma__Myanmar_
Burma (Myanmar) [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 January 29]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204235/all/Burma__Myanmar_.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Burma (Myanmar) ID - 204235 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204235/all/Burma__Myanmar_ PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -