- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1 This requirement does not apply to travelers whose itineraries are limited to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) and Macao SAR.
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Rare cases in the counties along the China-Burma (Myanmar) border in Yunnan Province and Motuo County in Tibet. No malaria in areas where most major river cruises pass.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: Primarily P. vivax ; P. falciparum in Yunnan Province.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: None (practice mosquito avoidance).