- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit>12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1 This requirement does not apply to travelers whose itineraries are limited to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) and Macao SAR.
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present in the counties along the China-Burma (Myanmar) border in Yunnan Province. Limited transmission in Motuo County in Tibet. No malaria in areas where most major river cruises pass.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Very low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: Primarily P. vivax; P. falciparum in Yunnan Province.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- Along China-Burma (Myanmar) border in the western part of Yunnan Province: Atovaquone-proguanil or doxycycline.
- Motuo County in Tibet: Mosquito avoidance only.
Map 3-22. China reference map
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "China." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204246/all/China.
China. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204246/all/China. Accessed March 30, 2020.
China. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved March 30, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204246/all/China
China [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 March 30]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204246/all/China.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - China ID - 204246 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204246/all/China PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -