- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age. 1 This requirement excludes Argentina and Panama.
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Rare local cases in Matina Canton in Limón Province, Sarapiquí Canton in Heredia Province, and Pital District in San Carlos Canton in Alajuela Province.
- Drug resistance 3: None.
- Malaria species: P. vivax .
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: None (practice mosquito avoidance).
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Costa Rica." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204253/all/Costa_Rica.
Costa Rica. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204253/all/Costa_Rica. Accessed September 27, 2020.
Costa Rica. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved September 27, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204253/all/Costa_Rica
Costa Rica [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 September 27]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204253/all/Costa_Rica.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Costa Rica ID - 204253 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204253/all/Costa_Rica PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -