- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries if traveler is ≥1 year of age.
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All areas, including Matoury, Macouria, and Kourou, except none in coastal areas west of Kourou and Cayenne City.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax >70%, P. falciparum 20%–30%, P. malariae rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "French Guiana." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana.
French Guiana. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana. Accessed October 30, 2020.
French Guiana. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved October 30, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana
French Guiana [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 October 30]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - French Guiana ID - 204277 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -