- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Rural areas only at altitudes <1,500 m (4,921 ft). None in Antigua, Guatemala City, or Lake Atitlán.
- Drug resistance 3: None.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 97%, P. falciparum 3%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Escuintla Province: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, mefloquine, primaquine, 4 or tafenoquine. 4
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Guatemala." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala.
Guatemala. In: Brunette GWG, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala. Accessed October 4, 2022.
Guatemala. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala
Guatemala [Internet]. In: Brunette GWG, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2022 October 04]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Guatemala ID - 204289 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -