- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Rural areas only at altitudes <1,500 m (4,921 ft). None in Antigua, Guatemala City, or Lake Atitlán.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: None.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 97%, P. falciparum 3%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Escuintla Province: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
- All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, mefloquine, or primaquine 5.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Guatemala ID - 204289 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -