- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Rural areas only at altitudes <1,500 m (4,921 ft). None in Antigua, Guatemala City, or Lake Atitlán.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: None.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 97%, P. falciparum 3%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Escuintla Province: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
- All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, chloroquine, doxycycline, mefloquine, or primaquine 5.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Guatemala." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala.
Guatemala. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala. Accessed March 25, 2019.
Guatemala. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala
Guatemala [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 March 25]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Guatemala ID - 204289 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204289/all/Guatemala PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -