- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: All areas of eastern Indonesia (provinces of Maluku, Maluku Utara, Nusa Tenggara Timur, Papua, and Papua Barat), including the town of Labuan Bajo and Komodo Islands in the Nusa Tenggara region. Rural areas of Kalimantan (Borneo), Nusa Tenggara Barat (includes the island of Lombok), Sulawesi, and Sumatra. Low transmission in rural areas of Java, including Pangandaran, Sukalumi, and Ujung Kulong. None in cities of Jakarta and Ubud, resort areas of Bali and Java, and Gili Islands and the Thousand Islands (Pulau Seribu).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine (P. falciparum and P. vivax ).
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 57%, P. vivax 43%, P. malariae, P. knowlesi, P. ovale rare
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Indonesia ID - 204299 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204299/all/Indonesia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -