- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: March–November in rural areas of Fars Province, Sistan-Baluchestan Province, and southern, tropical parts of Hormozgan and Kerman Provinces.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 93%, P. falciparum 7%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Iran." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204300/all/Iran.
Iran. In: Brunette GWG, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204300/all/Iran. Accessed December 8, 2023.
Iran. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204300/all/Iran
Iran [Internet]. In: Brunette GWG, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2023 December 08]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204300/all/Iran.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Iran ID - 204300 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204300/all/Iran PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -