- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: All areas, except rare cases in the city of Antananarivo.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 85%, P. vivax 5%–10%, P. ovale 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: All areas except the city of Antananarivo: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Antananarivo: None (practice mosquito avoidance).
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Madagascar." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204326/0/Madagascar.
Madagascar. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204326/0/Madagascar. Accessed September 19, 2020.
Madagascar. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved September 19, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204326/0/Madagascar
Madagascar [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 September 19]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204326/0/Madagascar.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Madagascar ID - 204326 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204326/0/Madagascar PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -