- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: All areas, except rare cases in the city of Antananarivo.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 85%, P. vivax 5%–10%, P. ovale 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: All areas except the city of Antananarivo: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Antananarivo: None (practice mosquito avoidance).