- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 90%; P. malariae, P. ovale, P. vivax 10% combined.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Malawi." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204328/all/Malawi.
Malawi. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204328/all/Malawi. Accessed April 4, 2020.
Malawi. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved April 04, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204328/all/Malawi
Malawi [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 April 04]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204328/all/Malawi.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Malawi ID - 204328 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204328/all/Malawi PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -