- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present in rural areas. None in Georgetown, Kuala Lampur, and Penang State (includes Penang Island).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum, P. vivax, P. knowlesi, P. malariae, P. ovale.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Rural areas: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Malaysia ID - 204329 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204329/all/Malaysia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -