- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Present in rural areas. None in Georgetown, Kuala Lumpur, and Penang State (includes Penang Island).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum, P. vivax , P. Knowlesi, P. malariae , and P. ovale.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Rural areas: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4