- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries if traveler is ≥1 year of age.
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age going to areas south of the Sahara Desert (see Map 3-14).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas in the Sahara Desert (see Map 3-14).
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: High.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >85%, P. ovale 5%–10%, P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Mali ID - 204331 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204331/all/Mali PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -