- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present throughout the country at altitudes <2,000 m (6,562 ft). None in Kathmandu and on typical Himalayan treks.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 85%, P. falciparum 15%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Nepal." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204349/all/Nepal.
Nepal. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204349/all/Nepal. Accessed March 30, 2020.
Nepal. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved March 30, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204349/all/Nepal
Nepal [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 March 30]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204349/all/Nepal.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Nepal ID - 204349 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204349/all/Nepal PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -