- Requirements: None.
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age going to areas at elevations <2,300 m (7,546 ft) in the regions of Amazonas, Loreto, Madre de Dios, San Martin and Ucayali, Puno, Cusco, Junín, Pasco, and Huánuco, and designated areas (see Map 3-36) of the following regions: far north of Apurimac, far northern Huancavelica, far northeastern Ancash, eastern La Libertad, northern and eastern Cajamarca, northern and northeastern Ayacucho, and eastern Piura.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to the following areas west of the Andes: regions of Lambayeque and Tumbes and the designated areas (see Map 3-36) of western Piura and south, west, and central Cajamarca.
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to the following areas: all areas >2,300 m (7,546 ft) elevation, areas west of the Andes not listed above, the city of Cusco, the capital city of Lima, Machu Picchu, and the Inca Trail (see Map 3-36).
- Areas with malaria: All departments <2,000 m (6,562 ft), including the cities of Iquitos and Puerto Maldonado and only the remote eastern regions of La Libertad and Lambayeque. None in the following areas: Lima Province; the cities of Arequipa, Ica, Moquegua, Nazca, Puno, and Tacna; the highland tourist areas (Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca); and along the Pacific Coast (see Map 3-37).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 85%, P. falciparum 15%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-36. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Peru 1
Map 3-37. Malaria in Peru
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Peru ID - 204368 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204368/all/Peru PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -