- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present in rural areas <600 m (1,969 ft) except none in the 22 provinces of Aklan, Albay, Benguet, Biliran, Bohol, Camiguin, Capiz, Catanduanes, Cavite, Cebu, Guimaras, Iloilo, Northern Leyte, Southern Leyte, Marinduque, Masbate, Eastern Samar, Northern Samar, Western Samar, Siquijor, Sorsogon, and Surigao Del Norte. None in metropolitan Manila and other urban areas.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%–80%, P. vivax 20%–30%, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Philippines." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204369/all/Philippines.
Philippines. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204369/all/Philippines. Accessed January 29, 2020.
Philippines. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204369/all/Philippines
Philippines [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 January 29]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204369/all/Philippines.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Philippines ID - 204369 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204369/all/Philippines PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -