- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Present in Palawan and Mindanao Islands. None in metropolitan Manila and other urban areas.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%–80%, P. vivax 20%–30%, P. knowlesi rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4