- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries.
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: High.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >85%, P. ovale 5%–10%, P. malariae and P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Sierra Leone." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204390/all/Sierra_Leone.
Sierra Leone. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204390/all/Sierra_Leone. Accessed February 16, 2020.
Sierra Leone. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204390/all/Sierra_Leone
Sierra Leone [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 February 16]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204390/all/Sierra_Leone.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Sierra Leone ID - 204390 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204390/all/Sierra_Leone PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -