- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Generally not recommended for travelers to Tanzania.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <1,800 m (5,906 ft).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: High.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >85%, P. ovale >10%, P. malariae and P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Tanzania." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204411/all/Tanzania.
Tanzania. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204411/all/Tanzania. Accessed October 23, 2019.
Tanzania. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204411/all/Tanzania
Tanzania [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 October 23]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204411/all/Tanzania.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Tanzania ID - 204411 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204411/all/Tanzania PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -