- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age traveling to the following areas <2,300 m (7,546 ft) in elevation and east of the Andes Mountains: the entire departments of Beni, Pando, Santa Cruz, and designated areas (see Map 3-17) of Chuquisaca, Cochabamba, La Paz, and Tarija departments.
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas >2,300 m (7,546 ft) in elevation and all areas not listed above, including the cities of La Paz and Sucre.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <2,500 m (8,202 ft). None in the city of La Paz (see Map 3-18).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax 93%, P. falciparum 7%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or primaquine 5.
Map 3-17. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Bolivia 1
Map 3-18. Malaria in Bolivia
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Bolivia ID - 204226 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204226/all/Bolivia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -