- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers to the cities of Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena, and Medellín (see Map 3-23).
- Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to all areas >2,300 m in elevation, the department of San Andrès y Providencia, and the capital city of Bogotá.
- Areas with malaria: All areas <1,700 m (5,577 ft). None in Bogotá, Cartagena, and Medellín (see Map 3-24).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 50%, P. vivax 50%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-23. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Colombia 1
Map 3-24. Malaria in Colombia
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Colombia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204249/all/Colombia.
Colombia. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204249/all/Colombia. Accessed December 11, 2019.
Colombia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204249/all/Colombia
Colombia [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 December 11]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204249/all/Colombia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Colombia ID - 204249 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204249/all/Colombia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -