- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to the Afar and Somali Provinces (see Map 3-27).
- Areas with malaria: All areas <2,500 m (8,202 ft), except none in the city of Addis Ababa (see Map 3-28).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 60%–70%, P. vivax 30%–40%, P. malariae and P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-27. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Ethiopia 1
Map 3-28. Malaria in Ethiopia
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Ethiopia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia.
Ethiopia. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia. Accessed October 23, 2019.
Ethiopia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia
Ethiopia [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 October 23]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Ethiopia ID - 204271 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -