- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to the Afar and Somali Provinces (Map 2-13).
- Areas with malaria: All areas below 2,500 m (8,202 ft), except none in the city of Addis Ababa (Map 2-14).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 60%–70%, P. vivax 30%–40%, P. malariae and P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Map 2-13. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Ethiopia 1
Map 2-14. Malaria in Ethiopia
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Ethiopia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia.
Ethiopia. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia. Accessed November 29, 2020.
Ethiopia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved November 29, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia
Ethiopia [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 November 29]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Ethiopia ID - 204271 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204271/all/Ethiopia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -