- Requirements: Required for arriving travelers from all countries if traveler is ≥1 year of age.
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All areas, including Matoury, Macouria, and Kourou, except none in coastal areas west of Kourou and Cayenne City.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. vivax >70%, P. falciparum 20%–30%, P. malariae rare
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - French Guiana ID - 204277 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204277/all/French_Guiana PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -