- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: All areas. Rare cases in the cities of Amsterdam and Georgetown.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 50%, P. vivax 50%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Areas with malaria except cities of Amsterdam and Georgetown: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Cities of Georgetown and Amsterdam: None (practice mosquito avoidance).