- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥1 year of age. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to the following areas: the entire North Eastern Province; the states of Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Malindi, and Tanariver in the Coast Province; and the cities of Mombasa and Nairobi (see Map 3-30).
- Areas with malaria: Present in all areas (including game parks) <2,500 m (8,202 ft) including the city of Nairobi (see Map 3-31).
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >85%, P. vivax 5%–10%, P. ovale up to 5%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
Map 3-30. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Kenya 1
Map 3-31. Malaria in Kenya
* When formatting your citation, note that all book, journal, and database titles should be italicized* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Kenya ID - 204310 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -