- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age. 1
- Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age, except as mentioned below.
- Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to the following areas: the entire North Eastern Province; the states of Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Malindi, and Tanariver in the Coast Province; and the cities of Mombasa and Nairobi (Map 2-16).
- Areas with malaria: Present in all areas (including game parks) at altitudes <2,500 m (8,202 ft), including the city of Nairobi (Map 2-17).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >85%, P. vivax 5%–10%, P. ovale rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine 4
Map 2-16. Yellow fever vaccine recommendations in Kenya 1
Map 2-17. Malaria in Kenya
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Kenya." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya.
Kenya. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya. Accessed November 29, 2020.
Kenya. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved November 29, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya
Kenya [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 November 29]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Kenya ID - 204310 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204310/all/Kenya PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -