- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: All, except none in the city of Vientiane.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine and mefloquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 65%, P. vivax 34%, P. malariae and P. ovale 1% combined.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Along the Laos-Burma (Myanmar) border in the provinces of Bokeo and Louang Namtha and along the Laos-Thailand border in the province of Champasak and Saravan, along the Laos-Cambodia border, and along the Laos-Vietnam border: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or tafenoquine. 4 All other areas with malaria: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Laos." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204315/all/Laos.
Laos. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204315/all/Laos. Accessed October 26, 2020.
Laos. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved October 26, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204315/all/Laos
Laos [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 October 26]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204315/all/Laos.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Laos ID - 204315 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204315/all/Laos PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -