- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YFV transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YFV transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None.
- Areas with malaria: Present in the provinces of Kavango (East and West), Kunene, Ohangwena, Omusati, Oshana, Oshikoto, Otjozondjupa and Zambezi. Rare cases in other parts of the country. No malaria in the city of Windhoek.
- Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Low.
- Drug resistance 4: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >90%; P. malariae, P. ovale, P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis:
- Kavango (East and West), Kunene, Ohangwena, Omusati, Oshana, Oshikoto, Otjozondjupa, and Zambezi: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
- Other parts of the country with rare cases: Mosquito avoidance only.
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Namibia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia.
Namibia. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia. Accessed October 17, 2019.
Namibia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Available from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia
Namibia [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2019 October 17]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Namibia ID - 204347 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -