- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥9 months of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: None
- Areas with malaria: Present in the regions of Kavango (East and West), Kunene, Ohangwena, Omusati, Oshana, Oshikoto, Otjozondjupa, and Zambezi. Rare cases in other parts of the country. No malaria in city of Windhoek (Map 2-19).
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum >90%; P. malariae, P. ovale , and P. vivax rare.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Kavango (East and West), Kunene, Ohangwena, Omusati, Oshana, Oshikoto, Otjozunupa, and Zambezi: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Other parts of the country with rare cases: None (practice mosquito avoidance).
Map 2-19. Malaria in Namibia
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Namibia." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia.
Namibia. In: Brunette GWG, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia. Accessed August 16, 2022.
Namibia. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia
Namibia [Internet]. In: Brunette GWG, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2022 August 16]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Namibia ID - 204347 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204347/all/Namibia PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -