- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: Present in the municipality of Tapanahony in Sipaliwini Province. Rare cases in Brokopondo Province, Marowijne Province, and Boven Saramacca municipality in Sipaliwini Province. No malaria in Paramaribo.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%, P. vivax 15%–20%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Tapanahony municipality in Sipaliwini Province: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Other areas with malaria: None (practice mosquito avoidance).