- Requirements: Required if traveling from a country with risk of YF virus transmission and ≥1 year of age, including transit >12 hours in an airport located in a country with risk of YF virus transmission. 1
- Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age.
- Areas with malaria: Present in the municipality of Tapanahony in Sipaliwini Province. Rare cases in Brokopondo Province, Marowijne Province, and Boven Saramacca municipality in Sipaliwini Province. No malaria in Paramaribo.
- Drug resistance 3: Chloroquine.
- Malaria species: P. falciparum 70%, P. vivax 15%–20%.
- Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Tapanahony municipality in Sipaliwini Province: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, mefloquine, or tafenoquine. 4 Other areas with malaria: None (practice mosquito avoidance).
Brunette, Gary W., editor. "Suriname." CDC Yellow Book, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018. Relief Central, relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204404/all/Suriname.
Suriname. In: Brunette GW, ed. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204404/all/Suriname. Accessed November 27, 2020.
Suriname. (2018). In Brunette, G. W. (Ed.), CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved November 27, 2020, from https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204404/all/Suriname
Suriname [Internet]. In: Brunette GW, editors. CDC Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2018. [cited 2020 November 27]. Available from: https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204404/all/Suriname.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Suriname ID - 204404 ED - Brunette,Gary W, BT - CDC Yellow Book UR - https://relief.unboundmedicine.com/relief/view/cdc-yellow-book/204404/all/Suriname PB - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention DB - Relief Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -